The UEC course was created in partnership with GAC North America – Logistics with the goal of ensuring that all staff working in the USA export sector have the know-how to efficiently navigate the country’s export procedures and standards.
UEC is designed as a risk management initiative to ensure all GAC people working in the US export sector are equipped to understand the complexities of the subject, comply with regulations and avoid penalties for non-compliance.
The UEC course has already helped GAC North America – Logistics realise tangible benefits, including:
- Sales: It assures existing and potential clients that the company has a solid US Export Compliance programme with properly trained staff.
- Compliance: Any potential government audits will reflect the benefits of the solid training and records to minimise our exposure to non-compliance.
- Internal audits: Monthly internal U.S. Export Compliance audits are designed to identify problem areas; staff identified as in need of support can be immediately signed up for additional training through UEC.
- Onboarding: New hires can be immediately trained through the UEC course without having to deploy costly additional internal or external resources.
The UEC course contains four modules, covering the following topics:
- Introduction to US Export Compliance
- Importance of Export Compliance
- Export Regulations
- Types of Shipments
- Identifying Red Flags
- AES Best Practices
- FMC Rules
UEC is self-paced over two-weeks and is delivered via our state-of-the-art interactive online Learning Management System, GAClearn.
It is the expectation of the GAC Group Management that all GAC employees are provided with sufficient time to complete the core requirements of each course within working hours. In order to establish higher results, participants are encouraged to fully complete all activities, and additional personal time may be required outside of working hours.
||All relevant personnel