The IOSH – Managing Safely (IMS) course is an Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) certified online course offered by Astutis Limited.
This course is for managers, HSSE representatives, supervisors and staff responsible for managing health and safety effectively. IMS provides participants with the knowledge and skills to manage risk and resources. The course covers the application of management principles and responsibilities, basic risk assessment and control, legal requirements, accident investigation, performance measurement and environmental concerns.
The IOSH accredited ‘Managing Safely’ certificate is awarded to all those who attend the course and successfully complete both the written and practical assessments.
The IMS course covers the following key areas:
- Importance of managing health and safety.
- Legal requirements.
- Individual responsibilities.
- Management principles and practices as part of a total management strategy.
- Health and safety objectives and planning.
- Recognising hazards in the workplace.
- Basic risk assessment in the workplace.
- Active and reactive monitoring
- Employee Training
- Human factors in relation to accidents
- Investigating accidents or incidents
- Reporting requirements of accidents and incidents.
- Environmental considerations.
The IMS course is delivered in a self-paced format through an external portal and can be completed within 20 hours in a 13-week timeframe.
The GAC Group Management expects that all GAC employees are provided with sufficient time to complete the core requirements of each course within working hours.
Who Should Apply?
All GAC Managers, HSSE representatives, supervisors and personnel with an HSSE role.
||All Relevant Personnel