IOSH – Managing Safely (IMS) course is an Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) certified course offered online by Astutis Limited.
This course is for managers, HSSE representatives, supervisors and staff responsible for managing health and safety effectively. It provides participants with the knowledge and skills to manage risk and resources. The course covers the application of management principles and responsibilities, basic risk assessment and control, legal requirements, accident investigation, performance measurement and environmental concerns.
The IOSH accredited ‘Managing Safely’ certificate is awarded to all those who attend the course and successfully complete both the written and practical assessments.
IOSH – Managing Safely (IMS) is an accredited course in health and safety for managers, HSSE representatives and supervisors in all organisations. The aim of the course is to ensure that safety requirements are appreciated by all staff and enable them to review their systems for safety, introduce new controls or implement changes as appropriate to make their workplace safer.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the importance of managing health and safety.
- Become aware of legal requirements.
- Understand individual responsibilities.
- Apply basic management principles and practices to safety and health issues as part of a total management strategy.
- Set achievable safety and health objectives and plan and implement courses of action to achieve those objectives.
- Recognise safety and health hazards present in the workplace.
- Carry out and record basic assessments of the risks associated with workplace hazards, and recommend suitable control measures.
- Appreciate the differences of active and reactive monitoring
- Ensure that adequate information, training and supervision is provided for employees.
- Recognise human factors in relation to accidents
- Investigate accidents or incidents to determine the causes, identify trends and take appropriate actions.
- Understand the reporting requirements of certain accidents and incidents.
- Appreciate environmental considerations.
IMS is a self-paced eLearning course that requires around 24 hours of coursework plus practical activities. Participants will be provided access to the course for 30 days from registration and the course will culminate in a final quiz and practical assessment.
GCA eLearning courses require approximately five hours per week for all courses. It is the expectation of the GAC Group Management that all GAC employees are provided with sufficient time to complete the core requirements of each course within working hours. In order to establish higher results, participants are encouraged to fully complete all activities, and additional personal time may be required outside of working hours.
||All Relevant Personnel