Effective negotiation in business is extremely important for building better customer relationships. It is particularly essential in achieving win-win situations that benefit both the GAC Group and our customers.
Despite what many business leaders believe, negotiations is not an inherent talent or personality trait we are born with. Clearly, some people find it very easy to be good negotiators. Others get nervous at the prospect of negotiating. However, no matter where we start from, we can all develop good negotiation skills and apply them with confidence.
Achieving effective negotiations is reliant upon having a full understanding of:
- The negotiation process
- The needs of the other party
- Your own desired outcomes
- What and how to trade
- How to reach effective win: win outcomes
This two-day workshop will introduce participants to the concept of effective negotiation and provide plenty of opportunity to practice in a supportive and learning environment.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the key stages in the negotiating process
- Demonstrate effective questioning and listening skills and understanding of the other parties
- Convert conflicting positions into the basis of a win-win situation.
- Demonstrate each stage of the structured approach to negotiation, including Win-Win and a consultative approach
- Explain the challenges of negotiating in a multi-cultural environment and plan to overcome them
- Describe the best alternative to a new negotiated agreement (BATNA) approach
- Prepare personal action plans for future success
The program is run over two days, is well researched, knowledge-based and designed with the individual learner at the centre of the learning process, which means that the course is extremely interactive and practical.
||All Relevant Personnel